The Tax Professional Qualification Curriculum: Knowledge Component
The Knowledge Component is completed through studies at an accredited tertiary institution. Learners from non-accredited programmes and individuals already in practice are given the opportunity to enter into and progress in the learning programme to the Tax Professional Qualification. Kindly refer to the Curriculum: Knowledge Component Document for more detail.
Competency Assessment Guidelines
This document contains the guidelines for the Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment. Read More.
Accredited Assessment Centres
SAIT Accredited Assessment Centres. Read more
Knowledge Competency Assessment Papers
To assist candidates in their preparation for the upcoming Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment, previous assessment papers are provided.
Please note: All exams are only available in English
1. Certificate Courses
The Department of Taxation at the University of Pretoria (UP), offers three taxation programmes on part-time basis:
1.1. Graduate Programme on Principles and Practical Application of Taxation
1.2. Graduate Programme in Advanced Taxation
1.3. Post Graduate Programme in Advanced Taxation. Read More
Taxation programmes presented by UP and the link to SAIT qualifications. Read More
2. Preparation & Revision Course
2.1. Enterprises at University of Pretoria
(Any Time programme)
Enterprises @ University of Pretoria offers a Preparation/Revision/CPD course which is based on the Tax Professional Curriculum.
Tax Professional Preparation Course
Who Should Attend: - Anyone who have applied to write the Knowledge Competency Assessment; - Anyone who have applied to write the National Qualifying Competency Assessment.; or - Anyone who requires a refresher – for CPD purposes.
Delivery Mode: Correspondence, Correspondence, Web Based
Contact Days: 0
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +27(0) 12 434 2500; Course Number: P005177
2.2 Oxbridge Training Institute
Preparation course: Tax Professional Knowledge Competency
(Contact session in Pretoria; Registrations open till 9 June 2016)
Click for more information: Brochure
- The June 2016 Knowledge Competency Assessment registration is open.
- Knowledge Competency Assessments are scheduled for 23 June and 24 June 2016.
- Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment Fee is R 4500.
- Candidates with special needs please email email@example.com at least 1 month in advance.
- Please read the detailed procedure to register for the on-line assessment. Read More
- Click here to Register.
Application for special assessment concessions
Results: November 2015 Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment
During November 2015, the Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment was written by 33 candidates across South Africa. The average pass rate for candidates who took the Knowledge Competency Assessment is 49.5%.
SAIT commends all the candidates who attempted the Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment and congratulates the successful candidates in achieving this important step towards their careers as Tax Professional.
Congratulations to the Top Candidates
|Toni Jo Brodie
Re-write opportunities on 23 and 24 June 2016.
Copies of Assessment Answer Books
- Candidates who were unsuccessful in the November 2015 Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment, may request a copy of their script in terms of section 51 of the Promotion to Access to Information Act (Act 2 of 2000).
- Assessment scripts are kept for 6 months after the results have been published.
- To request a copy of your answer books and mark sheets, kindly e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org