The Tax Professional Qualification Curriculum: Knowledge Component
The Knowledge Component is completed through studies at an accredited tertiary institution. Learners from non-accredited programmes and individuals already in practice are given the opportunity to enter into and progress in the learning programme to the Tax Professional Qualification. Kindly refer to the Curriculum: Knowledge Component Document for more detail.
Competency Assessment Guidelines
This document contains the guidelines for the Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment.
The Occupational Certificate: Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment Rules and Regulations
Venues for the November 2016 Assessments: Read more.
Accredited Assessment Centres
SAIT Accredited Assessment Centres. Read more
Knowledge Competency Assessment Papers
To assist candidates in their preparation for the upcoming Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment, previous assessment papers are provided.
Please note: All exams are only available in English
- June 2016
- November 2015
- November 2014
- June 2014
- November 2013
- Sample Paper
1. Certificate Courses
The Department of Taxation at the University of Pretoria (UP), offers three taxation programmes on part-time basis. These programmes are offered as preparation/revision courses for the Occupational Qualifications.
1.1. Graduate Programme on Principles and Practical Application of Taxation
1.2. Graduate Programme in Advanced Taxation
1.3. Post Graduate Programme in Advanced Taxation. Read More
Taxation programmes presented by UP and the link to SAIT qualifications. Read More
2. Preparation & Revision Course
2.1. Enterprises at University of Pretoria
(Any Time programme)
Enterprises @ University of Pretoria offers a Preparation/Revision/CPD course which is based on the Tax Professional Curriculum.
Tax Professional Preparation Course
Who Should Attend: - Anyone who have applied to write the Knowledge Competency Assessment; - Anyone who have applied to write the National Qualifying Competency Assessment.; or - Anyone who requires a refresher – for CPD purposes.
Delivery Mode: Correspondence, Correspondence, Web Based
Contact Days: 0
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +27(0) 12 434 2500; Course Number: P005177
2.2 Oxbridge Training Institute
Please make contact with Oxbridge Training Institution for 2017 Preparation and Revision Course offerings.
- Knowledge Competency Assessments are scheduled for June and November 2017.
- Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment Fee is R 4500.
- All assessments are only available in English.
- Before registering for the qualification and assessment please apply for admission to the qualification.
Application for special assessment concessions
- Candidates with special needs please complete a special concessions application form and submit to email@example.com at least 1 month before scheduled assessment date.
- Please complete the following form: Special concessions application form.
Results: November 2016 Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment
During November 2016, The Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment was written by 28 candidates. The results for the November 2016 assessment will be available on 20 January 2017.
Re-write opportunities June and November 2017.
Congratulations to the Top Candidates June 2016
|| Ashfaaq Gani
|| Peter Cutler
|| Sumayyah Pahad
|| Glenda Ndlovu
Copies of Assessment Answer Books
- Candidates who were unsuccessful in the previous Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment, may request a copy of their script in terms of section 51 of the Promotion to Access to Information Act (Act 2 of 2000).
- Assessment scripts are kept for 6 months after the results have been published.
- To request a copy of your answer books and mark sheets, kindly e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org