Tax Practitioner Professional Membership Resources and Benefits
The SA Institute of Tax Professionals is a member-focused controlling body of tax practitioners / professionals in South Africa.
As responsive organisation, dedicated to anticipating and providing solutions to our members' needs, we always welcome feedback to ensure our services remain of the highest quality and continue to be relevant to the tax profession.
The Institute encourages and supports a life-long collaboration with members – from studying towards a professional designation, on to our range of lifelong learning and professional development events and technical information services. We ensure that our members are equipped with all the skills and knowledge required to succeed.
Membership of SAIT gives you the opportunity to shape and directly influence the issues that affect your career, your business and your profession.
Below is a comprehensive list, including links to examples, of the exclusive resources available and how you can access them - valued more than R19 500 per annum!
Resources and benefits available, exclusively, to you
- Alerting you to breaking news on changes in tax legislation affecting your practice
- Bi-monthly tax journal dedicated to you, the Tax Practitioner/Professional, securingº you verifiable output CPD points/units on selected articles
- Monthly newsletter developed for tax practitioners/professionals to distribute under their brand to clients - showing your pre-eminence in tax matters
- Daily news feeds on smartphones
- Weekly e-newsletter covering all latest tax news nationally and internationally
- Access to the SAIT Tax Library - TaxFind™- to search for information, solutions, guidance and answers to tax issues
- Membership gives you the opportunity to shape and directly influence the issues that affect your career, your business and your profession by belonging to a tax professionals association.
- Branding as a member holding a registered designation issued by the leading tax body of choice in South Africa
- Right to use the logo of SAIT on letterheads, website and other marketing material
- Access to the best quality, relevant, affordable and discounted CPD (Continuing Professional Development/Education) events/seminars in South Africa
- Local and international professional recognition as members of the leading tax professional body in South Africa*
- Reciprocal benefits³ with international tax professional bodies, including Australia, UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Netherlands, Nigeria, Ghana*
- Access to and networking opportunities with leading tax specialists and personalities in South Africa
- Exclusive access to and listing on Tax Who's Who SA™directory
- Opportunity to advertise your services as a professional/practitioner on your personal website within the SAIT website, securing invaluable endorsement from the leading tax professional body of choice
- Unlimited back-up, storing and filing of documents capacity for your practice within your SAIT online profile
- Exclusive listing on the Find a Tax Practitioner database where the public can search for tax services on offer and interact live with members
- Access to the Tax Career Centre: allowing you to post job opportunities in your practice, search for vacancies or advertise your service
- Access to exclusive member forums
- Connect and network with other experts enhancing your ability to solve your clients' tax problems
- Online CPD management, with automated CPD allocation / certification for accredited verifiable input CPD events, surveys, assessments
- Negotiated discounts:
- CPD events of other service providers such as FPI, SAIPA and SAIBA
- Accounting officer membership of SAIBA
- Independent reviewer membership of SAIBA
- Online Store - Tax publications: LexisNexis and Juta
- Practice management software: GreatSoft
* Excluded for Student Membership.
º Subject to online CPD Assessment verification proving that learning has taken place
- TaxHelpline is available 24 hours via email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The monthly CPD update schedule can be accessed via the online store here. The free CPD TaxCasts and webinars are available exclusively to members in good standing.
- Reciprocal affiliate membership with the UK, Canada, Australia, US, Nigeria, Netherlands and Ireland allow the SAIT member induction benefits of the visiting country.