|Accounting Officer Status|
Status as Accounting Officer / Independent Reviewer
The Institute has a Memorandum of Understanding with the Southern African Institute for Business Accountants (SAIBA).
Kindly take note of the following conditions:
1. Qualifying SAIT members may apply through SAIT to SAIBA for the status of accounting officer / independent reviewer.
This essentially means that certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents will be compiled by SAIT from the existing membership files and forwarded to SAIBA for processing once we receive your fully completed application form.
2. SAIT members receive a 50% discount on the normal annual membership fee of SAIBA.
3. Practicing member registration fee is R360.00
Associated member registration fee is R154.00
4. Minimum qualification to apply for accounting officer status: B Com Accounting degree, B Tech or National Diploma in Cost and Management Accounting as well as four years plus practical experience. Please attach the following documentation with the SAIBA Application form:
4.1 An up-to-date CV of yourself (with practical experience in the financial field)
4.2 Certified copies of your qualifications
4.3 Subjects passed (transcript)
4.4 Certified copy of your I.D. document.
5. Applicants must have at least 4 years relevant experience in accounting.
We trust that SAIT members who also practice as accounting officers will benefit from this agreement.
Download application form below