2011/2012 Tax Update Seminar – Presented by Prof. Jackie Arendse
About the Presenter :
Professor Jackie Arendse – B Acc H Dip Tax M Acc (Tax) MTP(SA) CA(SA)
Jackie Arendse is a sought after presenter of tax seminars for tax practitioners, accountants and the general business community. Jackie is the Head of the School of Accountancy at the University of the Witwatersrand and serves on various professional committees. Jackie chaired SAIT’s National Technical Committee until 2010 and if formerly the Project Director : Tax at SAICA. She continues to advise professional bodies on technical tax issues and has represented SAIT and other professional bodies in liaising with SARS, National Treasury and the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Finance.
Jackie is well known as a leading expert in tax and her many articles on a broad range of tax matters have been published in a variety of business journals and newspapers.
Keep up to date with the latest tax amendments, including the latest legislation, SARS interpretation notes and case law developments.
This update will cover 2011 / 2012 changes in tax legislation arising from Taxation Laws Amendment Acts, the Tax Administration Act, recent tax judgments , new SARS Interpretation Notes and other developments in 2012.
· 2011/2012 Taxation Laws Amendment Acts update
· New Tax Administration Act
· New medical tax credit system
· Amendments to tax on living annuities
· Further changes to taxation of key-man policies
· VAT amendments
· CGT amendments
· New rebates and 2011/2012 tax tables
· Transfer Duty relief
· Enhanced learnership and industrial policy incentives
· New micro business turnover tax exemption
· Measures to build on South Africa’s role as a regional gateway
· What’s happening with the proposed tax on gambling winnings?
· The suspension of s 45 roll-over relief
· An overview of the new Dividends Tax (NB: details of the new tax will be covered in the Dividends Tax seminar)
· And more .......
Who Should Attend
Tax practitioners, business owners and managers, advisors, auditors, accountants, bookkeepers and anyone involved in business management and/or taxation.
SAIT Members R850.00
Affiliated Members R900.00 (includes SAIBA, SAICA, SAIPA, ACCA, IAC, ICB, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA) members
Attendance will secure 4 hours verifiable CPD points, including other professional bodies
(i.e. SAIBA, SAIPA, SAICA, ACCA, IAC, ICB, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA)