Friday, 11 May 2012
08:30 - 12:30 (Registration from 08:00)
Willows Garden Hotel
82 Govan Mbeki Avenue
Potchefstroom, Northwest 2520
Moniqua Janse Van Vuuren
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
VAT vendors are facing increased scrutiny from SARS. Vendors may be required to supply proof of valid documentation substantiating output VAT declared and input VAT claimed for a period extending back five years. Output VAT arising from deemed supplies is commonly incorrectly accounted for by vendors, and input VAT incorrectly apportioned or claimed.
In this seminar we will address specifically many of the areas most commonly audited and the documentary requirements vendors are required to meet. We will also address the most recent amendments to the VAT Act.
Topics to be covered will include:
- VAT recon in terms of IT14SD
- Imports and exports
- Indemnity receipts
- Bad debts and bad debts recovered
- Creditors outstanding for more than 12 months
- Sale of fixed assets
- VAT and fringe benefits
- VAT and income tax deductions
- Supplies between "connected persons
- Separate operating divisions
- Valid tax invoices: output and input VAT
- Apportionment of input VAT due to financial services and other exempt supplies
- Change of use adjustments
- Denial of input VAT: entertainment and "motor cars" (including rental vehicles)
- Amendment to the claiming of notional input VAT and the purchase of fixed property
- VAT relief for residential property developers
Who should attend
- Business owners (incl partners in a partnership) and directors
- Compliance persons responsible for overall risk management within the enterprise
- All persons responsible for issuing invoices for either the goods or services of the enterprise, and submission of VAT returns
- Managers responsible for the indirect tax function
- Junior and senior tax consultants from legal and audit firms requiring a refresher
About the presenter
Di Seccombe (B Com, LLB, LLM (Taxation)
Di Seccombe is an admitted attorney with a Masters degree in taxation and has been involved in tax for over 10 years. Di is currently the National Head of Tax training and Presentations with Mazars and in this capacity provides tax training to Mazars partners, staff and clients on a national basis. Di also consults on Income Tax matters including, Corporate, Individual and International tax as well as VAT.
Di presents tax seminars on a national basis, focusing on general as well as specialised tax topics. Di still lectures part time for the National School of Accounting to assist up and coming CA's with passing the UNISA CTA (Hons) programme.
Di started her tax career as a full time academic with the University of KwaZulu-Natal before moving into practice. She has presented numerous tax seminars with great success to attendees ranging from JSE Corporate advisers to smaller tax practitioners and is a popular lecturer amongst her students. Di's primary focus in any presentation is that attendees find the material relevant and presented in an understandable and accessible manner.
Your attendance will also give you 4 valuable hours of CPD.