The annual Budget Speech is always highly anticipated and this year is no different. Find out about the all the future tax implications for your and your clients' businesses and come away with a wealth of information. The seminar will unpack all the details of the Budget Speech in clear, understandable language so that you can fully evaluate all the implications and know how best to plan, make decisions and advise your clients.
The seminar also includes an overview of the tax amendments promulgated in 2012 and early 2013. Get up to date with all the latest tax developments!
The course coverage will include:
- The 2013 Budget Speech and related documents and announcements
- Tax changes effected through the Taxation Laws Amendment Bills, 2012:
- Further changes to tax treatment on medical scheme contributions
- New rules for retirement annuity fund contributions
- New fringe benefit valuation rules
- New rules on deductions of interest and royalties
- New rules for debt reductions
- Further changes to the new dividends tax
- Real estate investment trusts
- New exit tax for persons ceasing to be SA residents
- New withholding taxes on interest and royalties paid to non-residents
- Update on headquarter companies
- and more...
Recent case law developments
Who should attend
Tax practitioners, business owners and managers, academics, advisors, auditors, accountants, bookkeepers, students and anyone else involved in and interested in business management, finance and/or taxation.
PresenterProfessor Jackie Arendse - B Acc H Dip Tax M Acc (Tax) MTP(SA) CA(SA)
Jackie is an experienced and sought-after presenter of tax seminars for tax practitioners, accountants and the general business community. Jackie is the Head of the School of Accountancy at the University of the Witwatersrand and has served on various professional committees. Jackie chaired SAIT's National Technical Committee until 2010. Formerly the Project Director: Tax at SAICA, Jackie continues to advise professional bodies on technical tax issues and has represented SAIT and other professional bodies in liaising with SARS, National Treasury and the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Finance. Jackie is well known as a leading expert in tax and her many articles on a broad range of tax matters have been published in a variety of business journals and newspapers.
Attendance will secure 4 hours verifiable CPD points/units, incl. other professional bodies.
(SAICA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA)
EVENT INVESTMENT:SAIT Members: R850.00
Affiliated Members: R950.00
(includes SAIBA, SAICA, SAIPA, ACCA, IAC, ICB, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA) members
Graduate, internship or learnership trainees: R400.00