The 2013 Payroll Administrator Tax Update Seminar is South Africa’s most comprehensive payroll tax update focused on payroll administrators, incorporating the 2013/14 Budget Speech. In addition, this seminar will incorporate insight into the latest SARS audit approaches to employees’ tax and how to be prepared in dealing with an integrated PAYE audit, incorporating the new provisions contained in the Tax Administration Act, 2011.
This Seminar will be presented by one of South Africa’s leading employees’ tax, remuneration and personal financial planning experts. The Seminar will not only deal with the latest technical update on employees’ tax, but also equip delegates with an understanding on how the detail legal requirements should be approached from a client / employee centric perspective.
Specific topics to be covered:
- Understanding employee remuneration and benefits, including Total Guaranteed Package, Short Term Incentives, Long Term Incentives and Non-Financial Rewards, Non-Employment related items and the employees’ tax rules and framework around each.
- Employee Benefits, including approved and unapproved, defined benefit and defined contribution, the operation of fund rules and the various players in the area, role of each and the importance for tax planning and compliance.
- The Total Guaranteed Package and flexible remuneration methodology – the primary mechanism used to attract and retain employees. This will include the financial planning and employees’ tax aspects of each.
- Employees’ tax rule changes over the past 5 years and the current position on various benefits, allowances and treatments in a best practice payroll function.
- Budget 2013 announcements and the impact on employee remuneration, fund rules and employees’ tax and future best practices.
- The most recent developments on employees’ tax administration, employees’ tax audit and most commonly made mistakes by employers.
- Travel allowance and company vehicle session, to equip you to perform expert breakeven computations, both from a tax and business financial planning perspectives.
- The settled position on employees’ tax risk management on personal service providers, independent contracts, labour brokers and other special classes.
- Dealing with tax directives on severance, retrenchments and share schemes, the practical issues around compliance and employees’ tax planning thereon.
Who should attend
Tax practitioners, business owners and managers, academics, advisors, auditors, accountants, bookkeepers, students and anyone else involved in and interested in business management, finance and/or taxation. There will also be significant be benefit for payroll practitioners, anyone dealing with employee remuneration, attraction and retention of employees, trustees and benefit fund administrators to attend.
Presenter: Jerry Botha CFP®
Jerry Botha is a partner in TaxConsulting and specialises in employees’ tax, employee remuneration, payroll best practices and personal financial planning. He is an elective executive of the South African Reward Association and Chairman of their Employee Benefits Committee. He is a member of the FPI and serves as Chairman of the FPI’s Tax Committee. He extensively consults to the leading South African and international employers on matters pertaining to employee remuneration, taxes and benefits. He holds is own FSB license, extensively presents on his areas of expertise and extensively contributes to legislation impacting the area of expertise at National Treasury level.
Attendance will secure 4 hours verifiable CPD points/units, incl. other professional bodies.
(SAICA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, ACIS, LSSA, FISA)
EVENT INVESTMENT:SAIT Members: R850.00
Affiliated Members R950.00
Graduate, internship or learnership trainees:R400.00