This seminar will focus on providing delegates with a working knowledge in the day-to-day administration and accounting of VAT and creating a better understanding of general VAT principles This will include a focus on general VAT rules, documentary requirements, adjustments, imports, exports and common issues including the IT14SD and the Tax Administration Act
27 May 2014
From 09:00am until 16:00pm ( registrations from 8:30am)
KPMG Crescent Auditorium
85 Empire Road
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
This seminar will focus on creating a better understanding
of general Corporate Tax principles aimed at increasing a delegate’s working
knowledge in the day-to-day administration of Corporate Tax.
This will include focussing on the tax calculation layout, gross income,
deductions, specific expenses and deductions including the deductibility of
interest, capital allowances, and leasehold improvements. CGT, Dividends Tax,
the provisions affecting preference share funding and the new debt waiver
dispensation will also be discussed. You may also view the Agenda here.
will be covered include:
• Tax calculation layout
• Gross income definition
• General deduction formula
• Prohibited expenditure
• Specifics expenses and losses
• Special deductions
• Capital allowances
• Leasehold improvements
• Corporate rules
• STC vs Dividends tax (high level
• CGT (change in inclusion rates)
• Deductibility of interest
• Preference Share Funding
• Debt waivers
- Financial Director
- Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Manager
- Financial Analyst
- General Manager: Tax
- Tax Accountant
- Tax Advisor
- Tax Manager
- Tax Controller
- Taxation Specialist
- Tax Auditor
This event and
successful completion of the online assessment will secure 7 hours
verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies: (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA,
ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA)
R 2500 per person
Payments & Cancellations
All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Proof of payment will be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT’s bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 30 but more than 10 days prior to the event a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT’s liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.