High net worth individuals and families often look to a financial coach to advise them on various business, tax, financial and succession matters. The presentation covers a broad spectrum of topics which include tax, personal wealth management, retirement, business succession, estates, wills and trusts.
23 July 2014
09:00 AM until 13:00 PM
Hilton Durban Hotel
12-14 Walnut Road
Durban, KZN 4001
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
High net worth individuals and families often look to a financial coach to advise them on various business, tax, financial and succession matters. The presentation covers a broad spectrum of topics which include tax, personal wealth management, retirement, business succession, estates, wills and trusts. Whilst tax is the underlying theme of the presentation, it does not cover highly technical aspects of tax. The presentation is designed to encourage businesspersons, professionals such as doctors, engineers, owners of businesses, as well as high net worth individuals and families to be aware of the important aspects that affect them in the world of business, tax and finance.
- Taxation and tax planning strategies
- The South African Revenue Service (SARS)
- Investment spectrum and personal wealth management
- Retirement planning and managing wealth during retirement
- Intervivos trusts and the planning
- Wills and estates planning
- Exchange control and offshore investments
- Women and personal wealth management
- Corporate wealth management
- Business succession planning
- Planning wealth for generations
Who should attend:
- Financial Planners
- Tax Advisors
- Professionals - Doctor, Lawyers, Engineers, etc.
- Directors and Shareholders of Companies and Members of Close Corporations
- Businessperson And Executives
- High Net Worth Individuals (Asset Base Exceeding R10m)
- Family Groups
Professor Dilip Garach - B.Com, B.Com Hons, CA (SA), M Com, CFP ®.
Dilip is a chartered accountant with a masters in commerce specializing in the field of taxation. He is an Extraordinary Professor at the University of the Western Cape. Dilip is the CEO of Garach & Garach, a firm that specializes in advising on taxation, wills, trusts, financial planning and wealth management. He has been advising high net worth individuals and families for the past thirty five years. He was the winner of The Financial Planning Institute (FPI), Financial Planner of the Year in 2004. Dilip is a financial advisor on national radio. He is a member of the Income Tax Court. Previously he held the following positions:
- Professor in Tax, University of KwaZulu-Natal
- National Board Member of the South African Revenue Service (SARS)
- Minister of Finance, Accountancy Review Panel Member.
CPD:This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC)
Event Investment:Option 1 - Seminar:
Affiliated Members : R1590.00
Important: Please note that as from 2014 printed copies of notes is optional and will cost additional R50 per set and must be ordered. Electronic notes will be emailed to all registered delegates 2 days prior to the event. Should you require a printed copy on the day of the seminar kindly select the printed seminar notes when registering for the event.
Option 2 - Live Webinar Broadcast
This CPD event will be broadcast live on Friday 25 July 2014 from 09:00 - 13:00
Option 3 - DVD & Electronic Course Notes
This CPD event will be recorded and available to purchase on DVD.
Payments & Cancellations
- All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Proof of payment may be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT's bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 30 but more than 10 days prior to the event a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT's liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.