This seminar, presented by Advocate Wouter Scholtz, provides general guidance in regard to section 8C of the Income Tax Act, which governs the taxation of participants in employee share schemes.
Beyond providing general guidance, the programme offers a detailed analysis of two key issues:
The detailed guidance offered in the programme extends to a consideration of the key terms to be embodied in the share scheme documentation and related agreements, such as shareholders’ agreements.
- The establishment of black workers' share trusts, on a basis which
- The establishment of share schemes for directors/key executives, utilising an issue of partly paid shares as contemplated in Section 40 pf the new Companies Act.
Who should attend:
This programme is a 'mus't for all tax professionals advising corporate clients.
Advocate Wouter Scholtz
He previously conducted training for Deloitte in South Africa for SARS and in Australia for the Australian Tax Office. Wouter is, in association with David Marcusse a co-director of Caravelle Advisory Services (Pty) Ltd. He is also a co-trustee with Andrew Duncan of The Flagship Trust. Caravelle and Flagship are both devoted to providing innovative solutions to family companies and their stakeholders.
Wouter's authorship/co-authorship includes Broomberg on Tax Strategy and CGT, Companies and their Shareholders, all for LexisNexis. He is a former director of Mazars.
CPD:This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC, AAT)
Event Investment:Option 1 - Seminar:
Important: Please note that as from 2014 printed copies of notes is optional and will cost additional R50 per set and must be ordered. Electronic notes will be emailed to all registered delegates 2 days prior to the event. Should you require a printed copy on the day of the seminar kindly select the printed seminar notes when registering for the event.
Option 2 - Live Webinar Broadcast
This CPD event will be broadcast live on Thursday 23 October 2014 from 09:00 - 13:00
Option 3 - DVD & Electronic Course Notes
This CPD event will be recorded and available to purchase on DVD.
Please note that the DVD will only be available by the
Payments & CancellationsAll payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Proof of payment will be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT's bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 30 but more than 10 days prior to the event a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT's liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.