8 March 2016
From 09:00 until 13:00
21 North Road
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The 2016/17 Budget Speech is the most keenly anticipated in many years. South Africa’s economic and fiscal challenges are more acute than ever, and business, the local and international markets, as well as ordinarily citizens and keenly anticipating Mr. Gordhan speech. All indications are that this budget may include significant amendments to the tax system, as well an increase in rates.
The purpose of this seminar is to unpack all of these developments in clear, understandable language. Suitable for all tax practitioners, this seminar will cut through the complexities and inform you on all the recently-promulgated and proposed tax amendments. It will evaluate what these changes will mean for your and your clients’ tax affairs, ensuring you are well informed on how best to plan, make decisions and advise your clients on tax related issues.
The 2016/17 Budget Speech and related documents and announcements.
Main tax amendments in 2015 and 2016 including:
Recent tax judgments, interpretation notes and rulings
- The new retirement regime as it applies from 1 March 2016, including estate duty implications
- The changes to the taxation of deceased persons, deceased estates and the heirs
- Changes to withholding tax rules and repeal of the section 6quin rebate
- Changes to provisional tax rules
- Value-Added tax changes: commercial accommodation and zero rate supplies
- Some changes to the Tax Administration Act
Piet Nel CA(SA)
Piet is the Head of the recently established School of Applied Tax at the SA Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT). He formerly lectured in taxation at UNISA and the University of Pretoria and acted as study supervisor on post graduate level. Prior to joining SAIT, Piet was the project director for tax at SAICA. Over a period of more than a decade, Piet presented numerous tax seminars and workshops to tax practitioners. Piet is also well known in the media, regularly appearing on radio and TV talk shows. He actively contributes to the tax thought in South Africa and regularly publishes articles in professional journals and magazines
This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC, AAT)
Option 1 - Seminar:
This event does not form part of the CPD subscription package.
Important: Printed copies of notes is optional and will cost additional R50 per set and must be ordered. Electronic notes will be emailed to all registered delegates 2 days prior to the event. Should you require a printed copy on the day of the seminar kindly select the printed seminar notes when registering for the event.
Option 2 - Dedicated Webinar Broadcast
This dedicated CPD webinar will be presented on 16 March 2016 from 09:00 - 13:00
Company Price: R850.00
Option 3 - DVD
This CPD event will be recorded and available to purchase on DVD. Available 31 March 2016 .
Payments & Cancellations
- All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Kindly note that should payment not been received 2 days after the event, legal action will be taken
- Proof of payment will be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT's bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 4 working days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 4 working days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT's liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.
- Please click here for the full terms and conditions.