19 April 2016
From 09:00 until 13:00
Diep in die Berg
929 Disselboom Street
Wapadrand, Gauteng 0050
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
High-net-worth individuals and families have complex financial affairs, and they need specialist advice on various business, tax, financial and succession matters. The aim of this seminar is to equip attendees with the essential skills and knowledge they need to provide high-quality wealth management advice. It will cover a wide range of topics, including tax planning and management, offshore vs. onshore options, personal wealth management, retirement, business succession, estates, wills and trusts.
- The ethical obligations of high-net-worth advisors
- The role of the regulators: Treasury, the South African Revenue Service and the South African Reserve Bank
- Taxation and tax planning strategies
- Offshore trusts and the Davis Tax Committee’s work on trusts
- The tax consequences of emigration: the requirements for ceasing to be a SA tax resident, the immediate consequences of such an exit (CGT exit charge) and the ongoing tax consequences
- Intervivos trusts and planning
- Wills and estates planning: the new legislative regime from 1 January 2016
- Business succession planning
- Planning wealth for generations
Cheryl Howard B Compt Hons CA (SA)
Cheryl qualified as a Chartered Accountant at Deloitte & Touché where she was appointed as a tax manager in 1989 in their personal financial planning department. In 1991, Cheryl joined Grant Thornton, Kessel Feinstein to establish the personal financial planning department for their high net worth clients. In 1994, she joined BoE Private Bank as the general manager responsible for the Gauteng personal financial planning; taxation; fiduciary services; and wills and estates departments. In 2000 Cheryl left BoE to set up her own practice and has practiced as such since then.
Cheryl currently serves as a council member of the Fiduciary Institute of South Africa (FISA).
Cheryl has written numerous articles for both professional and other publications on various aspects of financial planning.
Cheryl has also appeared on CNBC Africa TV interviews discussing various aspects of financial planning, trusts, wills and estates. She has also presented numerous talks on estate planning, wills and trusts.
This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC, AAT)
Option 1 - Seminar:
Free for Tax Advisory CPD subscribers (Use your promo code when registering for this event)
Important: Printed copies of notes is optional and will cost additional R50 per set and must be ordered. Electronic notes will be emailed to all registered delegates 2 days prior to the event. Should you require a printed copy on the day of the seminar kindly select the printed seminar notes when registering for the event.
Option 2 - Dedicated Webinar Broadcast
This dedicated CPD webinar will be presented on 20 April 2016 from 09:00 - 13:00
Company Price: R850.00
Option 3 - DVD
This CPD event will be recorded and available to purchase on DVD. Available 30 April 2016.
Payments & Cancellations
- All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Kindly note that should payment not been received 2 days after the event, legal action will be taken
- Proof of payment will be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT's bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 30 but more than 10 days prior to the event a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT's liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.
- Please click here for the full terms and conditions.