The International Institute for Tax & Finance (IITF), together with Thomas Jefferson School of Law (TJSL), San Diego, California, USA is proud to present the Diploma in Personal Taxation for the South African tax practitioner.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Diploma in Payroll Taxes
Presented by the International Institute for Tax and Finance
Starts on the 12 March 2013
The International Institute for Tax & Finance (IITF), together with Thomas Jefferson School of Law (TJSL), San Diego, California, USA is proud to present the Diploma in Payroll Taxes for the South African tax practitioner, payroll administrator and human resource managers.
IITF has done some extensive research in Tax Risk Management over the years, and one of the greatest stumbling blocks, when dealing with tax risk, are the payroll taxes. The Revenue Service time and time again audits companies, sometimes with severe ramifications. It is the responsibility of the individual organisations to appoint skilled payroll administrators, and yet there is very limited offerings, from an educational point of view, dealing with payroll taxes.
In 2011, IITF has added this very valuable program to its stable, giving organisations (and tax practitioners) the opportunity to properly skill themselves in this area of taxation.
Together with the international qualification through the American Bar Association accredited Thomas Jefferson School of Law this gives students a very unique qualification, that is unparalleled by anything currently on offer in South Africa.
- Structural outline of the taxation of employees
- General structure of fringe benefit taxation
- Relevant Definitions
- Assets acquired at less than full value
- Assets- right of use
- Bursaries and other educational assistance
- Debts paid or waived by employers
- Housing Benefits
- Interest-free or low interest rate loans
- Meals & refreshments
- Motor vehicles
- Relocation expenses
- Services rendered to employees
- Share Incentives
- Obligations of the Employer
- Retirement and retrenchment benefits
- Medical and related benefits
- Independent Contractors & Personal Service Providers
- Expatriates Inbound & Outbound
- Paye & Site
- Other employment-related taxes
- Wording in contracts of employment
- Sars Questionnaire
The student will receive an approved, internationally recognised, certification issued by the prestigious Thomas Jefferson School of Law. The following benefits are also offered by TJSL:
- Internationally recognized certification;
- Delivery of course material through the IITF CAMPUS online system;
- Credit towards any other LLM course, offered by TJSL, and commenced within 3 years, by approved students
- Exclusive database of tax research material;
- Student will become an Alumni of TJSL;
- World class international tax specialists as lecturers;
- The A Dip Payroll Taxes delivers 2 credits towards the TJSL LLM in International Tax and Finance. For more information on the full LLM please visit the LLM Website at www.llm-tax.com.
- Application fee of R 750.00;
- R 11,995.00 once off; or
- Payment terms can be arranged;
- Excludes prescribed books.
- This is a distance learning course. All notes and lecture material will be made available via the internet;
- A short assignment must be completed after each section;
- LIVE lectures will be conducted on the internet via our CAMPUS online classroom every week;
- An exam will be written after each module;
- Upon successful completion of this course an Advanced Diploma in Payroll Taxes will be issued by Thomas Jefferson School of Law.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING CONTENT
Lesia du Preez
Tel: +27(0) 10 220 4050
Click here to register