The SAIT Annual Budget and Tax Update covers the tax amendments announced in the 2014 Budget, latest tax amendments and latest case law reports.
The seminar will unpack all the tax technical changes in clear, understandable language so that you can fully evaluate all the implications and know how best to plan, make decisions and advise your clients.
You can’t afford to miss it...
• The 2014 Budget Speech and related documents and announcements, including:
- New tax rates, tables and exemptions
- Income tax amendments
- Donations tax amendments
- Estate Duty amendments
- VAT amendments
- Other proposals
• Main tax amendments in 2013 and 2014 including:
- Employment tax incentive
- New tax incentive for Special Economic Zones
- Further changes to tax treatment on medical scheme contributions
- New rules for retirement fund investments
- Tax relief for housing and bursaries provided to employees
- VAT on e-commerce transactions
- Limitation of interest deductions
- Changes to donations deduction
- Proposed amendments to taxation of trusts
- New withholding taxes
- Proposed implementation of carbon tax
- and more...
Who should attend?
Tax practitioners, business owners and managers, academics, advisors, auditors, accountants, bookkeepers, students and anyone else involved in and interested in business management, finance and/or taxation.
Professor Jackie Arendse – B Acc H Dip Tax M Acc (Tax) MTP(SA) CA(SA)
Jackie is an experienced and sought-after presenter of tax seminars for tax practitioners, accountants and the general business community. Formerly the Head of the School of Accountancy at the University of the Witwatersrand, Jackie has many years’ experience in academia and taxation.
She served as chairperson of SAIT’s National Technical Committee until 2010 and currently Chairs the SAIT Education Committee. She also serves on the SAIT Tax Policy Committee and various tax technical committees. Formerly the Project Director: Tax at SAICA, Jackie continues to advise professional bodies on technical tax issues and has represented SAIT and other professional bodies in liaising with SARS, National Treasury and the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Finance.
Jackie is well known as a leading expert in tax and her many articles on a broad range of tax matters have been published in a variety of business journals and newspapers.
CPD:This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICB)
Event Investment:Option 1 - Seminar:
Important: Please note that as from 2014 printed copies of notes is optional and will cost additional R50 per set and must be ordered. Electronic notes will be emailed to all registered delegates 2 days prior to the event. Should you require a printed copy on the day of the seminar kindly select the printed seminar notes when registering for the event.
Option 2 - Live Webinar Broadcast
This CPD event will be broadcast live on Thursday 13 March 2014 from 09:00 - 13:00
Payments & Cancellations
- All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Proof of payment may be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT’s bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 30 but more than 10 days prior to the event a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT’s liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.