The practical implementation of the Tax Administration Act has provided interesting challenges to tax practitioners. Audit procedures, periods and the flow of information to name a few. A further challenge can be seen in recent court cases which have shown that the burden of proof not only rests with the employer but also with the official conducting the audit.
This interactive workshop is intended to address your specific queries regarding employee’s related taxes in your region, to assist you with day-to-day activities and to improve practical application of revenue laws. It deals with real problems that have arisen during the past year for which delegates have requested help. Solutions are offered in clear simple language and questions and discussions from the floor form an integral part of this interactive workshop.
Topics to be covered will include:
- New amendments
- SARS Payroll Questionnaire
- New Retirement Fund contributions
- Foreign employees in RSA
- Subsistence allowances and common errors
- Casual employees, reporting issues
- The every controversial personal service providers
- Independent contractors
- Travel allowances, reimbursements and advances
- Salary sacrifice
- Account maintenance
- Pension and Provident Funds and more
- And your regional specific queries
H Dip Tax- H Dip Tax International
Steve is an independent tax specialist in the field of PAYE. He is a well-known presenter in his field and has appeared on numerous occasions on Summit TV and regularly submits tax articles for publication through Tax Talk & Payroll World, to name a few. Steve is the senior lecturer of the Advance Diploma in Payroll Taxation, offered by the International Institute for Tax & Accounting in conjunction with the Thomas Jefferson School of Law. He prefers to interact with his audience to ensure that practical application can be found to the complexities of tax laws.
This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output TAXCPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC, AAT)
Monthly CPD subscribers: Free
Option 1 - Seminar:
Important: Please note that as from 2014 printed copies of notes is optional and will cost additional R50 per set and must be ordered. Electronic notes will be emailed to all registered delegates 2 days prior to the event. Should you require a printed copy on the day of the seminar kindly select the printed seminar notes when registering for the event.
Option 2 - Live Webinar Broadcast
This CPD event will be broadcast live on Wednesday 1 October 2014 from 09:00 - 13:00
Click here to register for the Webinar
Option 3 - DVD
This CPD event will be recorded and available to purchase on DVD.
Click here to purchase the DVD
Payments & Cancellations
All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Proof of payment will be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT's bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 30 but more than 10 days prior to the event a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT's liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.