12 August 2015
From 08:30 until 13:00 (08h00 – 08h30 Arrival and registration )
The Wanderers Club
21 North St
Johannesburg, Gauteng 2196
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
A myriad of taxation legislation becomes applicable both at the date of death of a natural person taxpayer and thereafter. An understanding of the tax consequences of all the legislation is vital to ensure efficient tax planning and sufficient liquidity.
The increased focus on wealth taxes that is predicted for the future makes the maintenance of accurate documentation essential so that taxpayers can respond to the increased verification expected from SARS.
Join us as we address the applicable tax legislation, inter alia
Taxation of deceased
- Value of assets at date of death, including sole proprietors and shareholders
- Spousal rollover, personal use assets
- CGT liability
- Payouts from funds and policies
- Tax consequences for heirs
- Value of assets
- Tax consequences of disposal of assets
- Taxes payable: VAT, Transfer Duty, Income Tax, CGT
- Value of dutiable estate
- Property and deemed property
- Allowable deductions
- Use of portable spousal rollover
- Use of usufructs and trusts for tax planning
- Liability for Estate duty
Who should attend
- Persons involved in financial advisory services, estate planning and real estate
- Tax specialists
- Practicing accountants and lawyers
- In-house tax managers and advisors
- Financial directors and managers and business owners
- Trustees and Trust beneficiaries
Di Seccombe (B Com, LLB, LLM(Taxation))
Di Seccombe (B Com, LLB, LLM(Taxation)) is an admitted attorney with a Masters degree in taxation and, has been involved in tax for over 10 years. Di is currently the National Head of Tax Training and Presentations with Mazars and, in this capacity provides tax training to Mazars partners, staff and clients. Di also consults on Income Tax matters including, Corporate, Individual and International tax as well as VAT. Di presents tax seminars on a national basis for amongst others, the SA Institute of Tax Practitioners, the SA Institute of Professional Accountants and the UCT Graduate School of Business focusing on general as well as specialised tax topics. Di still lectures part-time for the National School of Accounting to assist up and coming CA’s with passing the UNISA CTA (Hons) programme and for Varsity College in Cape Town. Di started her tax career as a full time academic with the University of KwaZulu-Natal before moving into practice. She has presented numerous tax seminars with great success to attendees ranging from JSE corporate advisers to smaller tax practitioners and is a popular lecturer amongst her students. Di’s primary focus in any presentation is that attendees find the material relevant and presented in an understandable and accessible manner.
This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC, AAT)
Cost: R1 140 per delegate (incl. of VAT)
This seminar does not form part of the CPD subscription package
Click here to register
Payments & Cancellations
- All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Kindly note that should payment not been received 2 days after the event, legal action will be taken
- Proof of payment will be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT's bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 30 but more than 10 days prior to the event a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT's liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.
This event is brought to you by: