17 March 2016
From 08:30 until 13:30 (08h00 – 08h30 Arrival and registration )
Diep in Die Berg,
929 Disselboom Avenue
Pretoria,, Gauteng 0050
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The Davis Tax Committee has identified potential amendments to wealth taxes that could result in increased tax revenue for the fiscus. The 2015 Taxation Law Amendments to the taxation of deceased estates will result in the more efficient collection by SARS of taxes triggered both at the death of a taxpayer and during the subsequent winding up of the estate. The maintenance of accurate documentation will be essential in order to respond to the increased verification expected from SARS.
As a myriad of taxation legislation becomes applicable both at the date of death of a natural person taxpayer and thereafter, an understanding of the tax consequences of all the legislation, old and new, is vital to ensure efficient tax planning and sufficient liquidity.
Join us as we address the applicable tax legislation, inter alia
Join us as we address the tax legislation applicable, inter alia:
Davis tax committee and 2016 Budget speech
Taxation of deceased
- Proposed amendments to wealth taxes
- New spousal rollover rules
- New asset valuation rules
- Excluded assets
- Calculation of CGT liability
- Tax consequences for heirs
- New rules for valuation of assets
- Tax consequences of disposal of assets vs distribution of assets
- New rules on taxation of income in the deceased estate
- Taxes payable: VAT, Income Tax, CGT
- Value of dutiable estate
- Property and deemed property
- Allowable deductions
- Use of portable spousal rollover
- Use of usufructs and trusts for tax planning
- Liability for Estate duty
Who should attend
- Tax practitioners
- All business owners and managers
- Advisors, auditors, accountants, bookkeepers
- Tax academics
- Anyone else involved in business management and/or taxation.
Di Seccombe (B Com, LLB, LLM(Taxation))
Di Seccombe is an admitted attorney with a Masters degree in taxation and, has been involved in tax for over 10 years. Di is currently the National Head of Tax Training and Presentations with Mazars and, in this capacity provides tax training to Mazars partners, staff and clients. Di also consults on Income Tax matters including, Corporate, Individual and International tax as well as VAT. Di presents tax seminars on a national basis for amongst others, the SA Institute of Tax Practitioners, the SA Institute of Professional Accountants and the UCT Graduate School of Business focusing on general as well as specialised tax topics. Di still lectures part-time for the National School of Accounting to assist up and coming CA’s with passing the UNISA CTA (Hons) programme and for Varsity College in Cape Town. Di started her tax career as a full time academic with the University of KwaZulu-Natal before moving into practice. She has presented numerous tax seminars with great success to attendees ranging from JSE corporate advisers to smaller tax practitioners and is a popular lecturer amongst her students. Di’s primary focus in any presentation is that attendees find the material relevant and presented in an understandable and accessible manner.
This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC, AAT)
Cost: R1 140 per delegate (incl. of VAT)
This seminar does not form part of the CPD subscription package
Click here to register
Payments & Cancellations
- All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Kindly note that should payment not been received 2 days after the event, legal action will be taken
- Proof of payment will be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT's bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 4 working days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 4 working days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT's liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.
- Please click here for the full terms and conditions.
This event is brought to you by: