10 May 2016
From 09:00 until 13:00
21 North Road,
Johannesburg, Gauteng 0050
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
This seminar is a comprehensive and practical guide to complying with your general employee’s tax obligations. It will review critical changes to the relevant tax legislation in the past fiscal year – including changes to the tax treatment of retirement - allowing you to file those EMP201s and 501s with confidence. This seminar is a must-attend event for payroll administrators, tax technicians, general tax professionals and anyone else responsible for ensuring employees tax compliance.
- An overview of employees tax and recent changes to the legislation: The current landscape
- PAYE in general and the relevant tax tables
- Dealing with e@syfile
- Retirement reform: The new dispensation for provident funds, the new rules for employer and member deductions, and what constitutes the taxable benefit
- UIF, ETI and SDL compliance: A brief overview
- The medical aid rebate
- Tax case law update and SARS binding general rulings
- What are SARS’ payroll audit teams targeting?
- A step-by-step guide to the employer reconciliation process: ensuring payments made to SARS, IRP5/IT3(a)s and EMP201s all add up
- Fringe benefits, and dealing with travel allowances and cellular telephones, the proposed redefinition of “private travel” and the changes to C:SARS’s right to re-determine the cash equivalent fringe benefits
- Changes to the fringe benefit tax exemption thresholds for bursaries
- The dispute resolution process: what to do and who to call on
Gareth Hardy studied at the University of the Witwatersrand obtaining his CMA, BComm and Higher Diploma in Tax Law finishing in 2006. He is registered with SAIT as Master Tax Practitioner.
Gareth’s tax career spans some 20 years. His experience is diversified and he has worked at large listed multinationals, professional services firms, was contracted to SARS and is currently in private practice.
He has studied the ETI since its inception and has been active ETI proponent. Of late he has engaged with SARS head office regarding ETI.
This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
Including the following professional bodies. (SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC, AAT)
Option 1 - Seminar:
Free to Tax Technician CPD subscribers (Use your promo code when registering for this event)
Important: Printed copies of notes is optional and will cost additional R50 per set and must be ordered. Electronic notes will be emailed to all registered delegates 2 days prior to the event. Should you require a printed copy on the day of the seminar kindly select the printed seminar notes when registering for the event.
Option 2 - Dedicated Webinar Broadcast
This dedicated CPD webinar will be presented on 12 May 2016 from 09:00 - 13:00
Company Price: R850.00
Option 3 - DVD
This CPD event will be recorded and available to purchase on DVD. Available 27 May 2016.
Payments & Cancellations
- All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Kindly note that should payment not been received 2 days after the event, legal action will be taken
- Proof of payment will be requested at registration, if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on SAIT's bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- If the cancellation occurs more than 4 working days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 4 working days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT's liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.
- Please click here for the full terms and conditions.