Print Page   |   Report Abuse
Declining a tax type request due to outstanding fees
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2015/02/03 at 08:30:55 PM GMT
Declining a tax type request due to outstanding fees

I need a second opinion regarding this issue.  According to me, it is unethical to decline a tax type request due to outstanding professional fees.

But somewhere I have read some ruling on this matter.

My new client is in dispute with his old practioner regarding a VAT issue,  the VAT request was authorized but she is refusing the Income tax type, due to outstanding fees.

She is preventing him to submit his tax return, and he will incur penalties and interest.

Is there a way to force her to authorizes the move?  What is the correct procedure at SARS to follow?

2015/02/12 at 10:02:19 AM GMT
SARS has issued correspondence in this regard. They offer a step by step solution on their web site. The previous tax practitioner may not refuse the transfer, etc. even for non-payment of fees

2015/03/02 at 11:02:34 PM GMT
Thank you for your reply, but would you please be so kind and post a link to the web page, I cant find it. Thank you in advance

WHY REGISTER WITH SAIT?

Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO REGISTER

The Act requires that a minimum academic and practical requirments be set to register with a controlling body. Click here for the minimum requirements of SAIT.

Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership.com®  ::  Legal