Print Page   |   Report Abuse
IRP6 forms
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2015/02/11 at 07:46:37 AM GMT
IRP6 forms

Albeit that SARS advocates it being so easy to obtain an IRP6 form, especially requesting it from Efiling, in reality it is much more involved.

I applied for an IRP6 on Monday, via Efiling for an existing client who became a provisional taxpayer at the end of 2014. It is now two days later and still the provisional status (having requested it under Organisation and tax types) still shows: to be verified. I received an email from SARS yesterday warning me to log onto Efiling and attend to a notification pertaining to the taxpayer.

However, nothing was posted on Efiling. After 3 telephone calls to the SARS call centre I was eventually informed that SARS requires the client to first come along to a SARS branch to update his banking details!!

This despite the 2014 return having been submitted last year AND the taxpayer receiving a refund from SARS in November 2014 into the same bank account.

I do wish SAIT could take this up with SARS. Surely the banking details have nothing to do with issuing an IRP6.

I hate to think what would happen if one had to request an IRPS, say on Thursday 26 February 2015. One would definitely miss the deadline! 

WHY REGISTER WITH SAIT?

Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO REGISTER

The Act requires that a minimum academic and practical requirments be set to register with a controlling body. Click here for the minimum requirements of SAIT.

Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership.com®  ::  Legal