Discontinuation of Debit Pull Transactions on eFiling
03 September 2013
Posted by: Author: SARS Legal and Policy
Author: SARS Legal and Policy
Since 2009 SARS has been modernising payment and accounting processes with the aim of empowering taxpayers to manage their financial responsibilities more independently, effectively and efficiently.
Starting 4 September 2013, debit pull transactions on eFiling will be phased out and discontinued. This process will take place over a month. A warning message will appear on eFiling, where a debit pull transaction is no longer available. You are encouraged to perform credit push transactions or use one of our alternative methods of payment.
- Where you do not register for credit push transactions immediately, a Debit Pull payment option will be allowed, on condition that you agree to the declaration which appears on the screen
- "Additional Payments” on eFiling for Income Tax, Provisional Tax, Value-Added Tax (VAT) and Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) is not available via the Debit Pull facility. In such instances please use the Credit Push facility.
A credit push transaction refers to a payment transaction that is initiated on eFiling and presented to the banking product as bill presentation, i.e. at the bank as a payment request awaiting authorisation. Taxpayers are required to log into the banking product (e.g. internet banking) and authorise the payment request to finalise the transaction. Credit push transactions are irrevocable once approved by the user.
Therefore in order to perform credit push transactions, you will be required to register with your bank. Please contact your bank for further information on how to register and use credit push transactions.
Please note: The correct access and authority should be granted to all users who will perform credit push transactions on both eFiling and the banking product (e.g. internet banking).
Alternative methods of payment available include:
- Over the counter payments at a bank
- EFT – electronic funds transfer using internet banking
- At a specific SARS branch (including customs).
For more information visit the SARS website www.sars.gov.za, call the SARS Contact Centre on
0800 00 SARS (7277) or a SARS branch nearest you.
ISSUED ON BEHALF OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR THE SOUTH AFRICAN REVENUE SERVICE
Date: September 2013