Print Page
News & Press: Institute News

How to complain about service at a SARS branch

04 November 2015   (0 Comments)
Posted by: Author: SAIT Technical
Share |

Author: SAIT Technical

Frequently, when SAIT requests comments from members for problems to be discussed at regional SARS stakeholders meetings, we get complaints about poor service at a SARS branch. Unfortunately, a stakeholders meeting is not the best platform to address such issues. Spare a thought also for the branch manager who hears about such complaints for the first time at such meetings. 

According to SARS, if you are experiencing a problem of some kind at a particular branch, your first port of call is the floor manager. If you remain unsatisfied, you can request to speak to the ops manager and thereafter, the branch manager. It is important that you follow this process and not go straight to the branch manager. 

SARS state that on most occasions, the floor and ops managers will be able to help resolve your problem even before the issue reaches the branch manager.



Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

  • Tax Practitioner Registration Requirements & FAQ's
  • Rate Our Service

    Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal