In an effort to improve its service offering to taxpayers and representatives, SARS enhanced the features of eFiling so as to allow tax practitioners and other representatives to better manage their taxpayers and users.
This enhanced Access Rights functionality was introduced in June 2009 to eFiling with the following features:
• The ability to create groups and to assign taxpayers and users to these groups.
• The ability to easily add new tax users and taxpayers to the groups with rights automatically assigned to the users based on those groups.
• The ability to manage tax users’ authorisation levels and user roles within specific groups.
• The ability to create a new organisation that links all users and taxpayers.
• The ability to "drag and drop” the tax users across groups with different authorisation levels.
Click here to download further information and the notice from SARS.
Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.