Opening of first dedicated SARS Tax Practitioner branch in Pretoria
28 June 2011
Posted by: SAIT Technical
27 June 2011
SAIT attended the opening of the first dedicated SARS Tax Practitioners branch, the SARS Pavillion Branch, in Pretoria today. Stakeholders were addressed by Mr Mark Kingon (Group Executive: Business systems) and Mr Nathaniel Mabetwa (Group Executive: Branch Operations). Highlights of the address can be summarised as follow:
- The branch will officially be opened to Tax Practitioners on Monday 4 July 2011.
- The branch is situated in the Pavillion building, 226 Bronkhorst street, New Muckleneuk, Pretoria.
- Between the 4th and the 11th of July 2011, the new Practitioners branch will run parallel with other Pretoria branches. From the 11th of July, however, all Practitioners will be required to make use of the Pavillion branch and will no longer be assisted, as Practitioners, at other Pretoria branches. SARS Tax Practitioner Consultants will re-locate from their existing branches to the new branch.
- The branch will have the same service offering and follow the same processes and procedures as any other branch, but will be exclusively for use by Tax Practitioners.
- Operating hours will be between 8am and 4pm during weekdays. Appointments can be made during these times, with walk-in assistance only available between 8am and 12pm during weekdays. Practitioners are therefore encouraged to make appointments. Appointments can be made directly on the SARS website. Communication from SARS in this regard will follow shortly.
We welcome the opening of the first dedicated Tax Practitioners branch office by SARS and would like to congratulate them on this initiative. We hope to see more dedicated Tax Practitioner branches to be opened in the future.