Official launch of the 2012 filing season
02 July 2012
Posted by: SAIT Technical
The Minister of Finance and SARS Commissioner today officially opened the 2012 filing season in South Africa.
For the 2012 Tax Season, SARS will unveil new technology and improved services that will make it much easier and far more convenient for taxpayers to submit their returns. This is the first time technology of its kind will be implemented in a service environment in South Africa – either by government or the private sector.
Five key new service initiatives will be available to taxpayers:
- Quicker assessments within minutes of submission;
- A new eFiling application for smart phones;
- Filing a tax return through a cellphone;
- Real-time call centre assistance to help taxpayers with filing (Help-You-eFile); and
- Training videos on how to eFile available on YouTube (youtube.com/sarstax).
In addition to better technology, during the past financial year SARS has also opened a number of new branches as well as refurbishing others, and introducing new mobile branches across the country to extend its presence to areas that were previously under-serviced.
Read the media release by the Minister here, and the address by the Commissioner here.
For further information and technical assistance, contact the Technical Department - firstname.lastname@example.org