Print Page
News & Press
Filter news by category:


Displaying page 1 of 4
1  |  2  |  3  |  4

SARS operational & eFiling questions
16 July 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
How is transfer duty calculated when someone buys an interest in a property-owning company? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: Would you please let me know the process for sorting out a transfer duty problem (deemed t...
16 July 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
When does prescription apply if SARS discover they never levied STC on an interest-free loan? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: By when can SARS stop assessing interest-free debit loans with related entities and indivi...
16 July 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
What is the purpose of the questions appearing on the FTW01 SARS form? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: A client is liable to complete a FTW01 form for foreign tax that was withheld in Zimbabwe...
30 June 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Must the VAT Notice of Registration show that a vendor is a farmer? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: We registered three farming companies for VAT during May 2014 and SARS issued  a Notic...
30 June 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Can SARS request supporting documents over the phone? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: I would just like to enquire whether SARS has entered into any form of agreement with SAIT...
30 June 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Should business trips on the gautrain be included under code 3702 (reimbursive allowance)? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : My client receives a salary under code 3601. However his IRP5 for 2014 also has a reimbursi...
30 June 2015   (1 Comment - view/add)
Where do you disclose a REIT dividend on the new trust return? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: Do you know where one would insert the REIT dividend on the new trust return?  I know...
29 May 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Where do I find everything I need to know regarding the submission of turnover tax returns? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: I have been trying to speak to SARS (Call Centre, Pretoria, various people at SARS via tel...
26 May 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Must a person who only receives income below the tax threshold be registered for income tax? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: Kindly advise whether the following person should be registered for tax purposes: I have...
12 May 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Must I re-issue a tax invoice to a customer if one digit in the VAT number is incorrect? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : If a digit of the VAT number is incorrectly typed on all a company's customer invoices, is...
12 May 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Can you register for VAT in a region different from where your business operates? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : I have a client who is based in JHB, runs his business in JHB but has branches in KZN.&nbs...
06 May 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
How to resolve tax disputes where due date for objection has passed? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : How can I resolve matters where the time has already lapsed to lodge a notice of objection...
22 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Does a non-resident earning a SA-sourced subsistence allowance have to register for income tax? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : A seconded employee from India will be in SA under a S11(2) VISA. He will be in the countr...
21 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Should the WTR01 form be completed even when no withholdings tax on royalties was withheld? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : Please advise whether WTR01 forms should be completed for each and every royalty payment,...
21 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
How do I apply to SARS for a non-profit company to be allowed to issue s18A tax certificates? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : How do you apply for a non-profit company to issue section 18A certificate for donations r...
17 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Severance benefit incorrectly taxed as ordinary income – how do I fix it? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: Regarding severance benefits. In the 2014 tax year my client offered an employee voluntary...
17 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Is a tax directive needed for paragraph 57, 8th Schedule purposes? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : One of my clients is preparing to sell their small business and I was wondering how I shou...
15 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
What can you do if SARS didn’t transfer an old assessed loss to a future year? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : One of our clients’ 2007 assessed loss was never transferred to the subsequent years. ...
15 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
What is the relationship between the DWT01 and DWT02? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : Previously there was only a DWT return form to complete and submit to SARS but now there i...
15 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
How do you correct an error in a return which was submitted more than 3 years ago? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : How does one correct old returns where the taxpayer made an error when submitting a tax ret...
14 April 2015   (2 Comments - view/add)
How does SARS register a deceased estate for income tax? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : We have a client which is an estate. All the income tax returns (2014-2015) was submitted...
14 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Can SARS take money from a person before a dispute is finalised? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : Can SARS clean out a taxpayer’s bank account without notifying him, while an objection has...
14 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Can SARS request separate financials for each trade carried on by an individual? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : I have received a further request for supporting information from SARS. They are now req...
14 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Does SARS pay interest on delayed VAT refunds? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : Our client VAT refund for September 2014 was only recently paid out with no interest. Does...
09 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
How do I re-submit a corrected IRP6? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : I have recently discovered, whilst going through my calculations for provisional tax perio...
09 April 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
What is the procedure for requesting the remission of VAT penalties? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : A customer approached me to help with his VAT returns. He has not submitted VAT returns fo...
23 March 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Can one apply for VDP to deal with submitting outstanding VAT returns? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : I was approached by a client to assist with submitting his outstanding VAT returns. Must he...
19 March 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Documents needed to claim a s6quat tax credit »
Author: SAIT Technical I have a South African Company client that renders services in Botswana to a Botswana company. T...
19 March 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Comparison between a tax compromise and an instalment credit agreement »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: How does one ago about applying for a tax compromise for a taxpayer who owes SARS substanti...
19 March 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Can a notional input VAT credit be claimed on purchases of used material from homeless persons? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: My client has a recycling business. He does not the manufacture paper and plastic but di...
10 March 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Were there any changes to section 10(1)(o)(ii) of the ITA in respect of the 2016 tax year? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: Are there any changes to section 10(1)(o)(ii) for the 2016 year of assessment?...
03 March 2015   (1 Comment - view/add)
Must an independent contractor keep a travel logbook to get a deduction for travel expenses? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q : An independent contractor’s annual financial statements are currently being audited by SARS...
03 March 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
How can I request SARS to reduce or write-off my tax debt? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: A client of mine operated a business until very recently but had to give it up because the...
02 March 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
Is there a maximum time period within which SARS must process a VAT registration application? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: Does SARS have a time limit to process an application for VAT registration once the complet...
02 March 2015   (0 Comments - view/add)
If a director/public officer resigns must the company details be updated at SARS? »
Author: SAIT Technical Q: I would like to know whether SARS should be informed of the resignation of a company direct...

Displaying page 1 of 4
1  |  2  |  3  |  4



Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

  • Tax Practitioner Registration Requirements & FAQ's
  • Rate Our Service

    Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal