2014 Examination dates
Paper 1: Thursday 27 November 2014
Paper 2: Friday 28 November 2014
University of Cape Town (UCT)
University Avenue S
Leslie Social Science Building: LS2D
University of KwaZulu Natal (UKZN)
King George V Ave
Howard College E212
Shepstone Building Level 2
Midrand Graduate Institute
44 Alsation Road
Total Duration: 08:00 – 13:00
Reading time (30 minutes): 08:30 – 09:00
Examination (4 hours): 09:00 – 13:00
Important: Candidates must be seated by no later than 8:00. Instructions will be read at 8:15.
- Candidates sit at the desk which has a label with their assigned examination number.
- Desks will be set-up in numerical order.
- An examination register will be on the desk for completion by the candidate.
Special Concession Request
SAIT recognises that not all candidates may be able to reflect their true ability under normal examination conditions. Special concessions are hereby offered to candidates with certain permanent or temporary physical handicaps or specific learning disabilities.
SAIT has therefore developed thorough and transparent processes to assess the appropriate concessions available to candidates who apply for special consideration. All applications for special concessions are subject to careful assessment and must be supported by rigorous documentation.
Should you wish to apply for special concession, kindly contact Caretha Laubscher, SAIT Head of Education at email@example.com, by no later than Friday 31 October 2014.
Online Registration Dates
Start date: 1 August 2014
Early bird closing date: 10 October 2014
Final closing date: 3 November 2014
1 August 2014 - 10 October 2014: R3 437 (incl. VAT)
11 October 2014 - 3 November 2014: R5 130 (incl. VAT)
Payment of Invoices
- Payment of all invoices must be done by Friday 7 November 2014. SAIT will not be able to send candidates their examination confirmation e-mail issuing candidates with their examination number if payment is not received on time.
- Invoices are issued to each candidate individually.
- If the invoice should be made out to the candidate’s employer, the Recipient and Billing Information when registering should be that of the employer.
Successful registration confirmation:
- After the successful completion and submission of the on-line registration, the candidate will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Candidates should check all their details on the confirmation e-mail for correctness.
- If a confirmation e-mail is not received within 24 hours, or the confirmation e-mail states any incorrect information, candidates should notify Nicolette Grobbelaar, SAIT Examination Department, per e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An examination confirmation e-mail will be sent on Friday 14 November 2014 issuing candidates with their examination numbers.
- An examination confirmation e-mail will only be send if payment of the candidates invoice was received by Friday 7 November 2014.
- Students that were unsuccessful during the November 2013 or June 2014 Knowledge Competency Assessment.
- The preferred entry requirement is a B Com (Honours) in Taxation, H Dip Taxation or equivalent post graduate qualification in taxation.
- Students registered for the 2014 academic year studying BCom (Honours) in Taxation, HDip Taxation or equivalent post graduate qualifications in taxation are eligible to write the Knowledge Competency Assessment even if the final results are not yet available from tertiary institutions or students were unsuccessful during their tertiary institution's final examination.
- Students studying towards other honours programmes, for example law, financial management, internal audit etc. with taxation modules as part of their programmes are eligible to write the Knowledge Competency Assessment.
Competency Assessment Guidelines
Every candidate should familiarise him/herself with the Knowledge Competency Assessment Guidelines.
Preparation Course for the 2014 November Knowledge Competency Assessment
- The Tax Professional Preparation Course is a course aimed at preparing candidates for the Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessments of SAIT.
- For more information and registration, contact Hettie Jansen van Vuuren email@example.com
- Complete the on-line registration for the November 2014 Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment.
- Should candidates experience any problems with the registration process, contact Nicolette Grobbelaar, SAIT Examination Department, at 0861 777 274.
The results of the November 2014 Tax Professional Knowledge Competency Assessment will be published on Wednesday 25 February 2015 at 15:00.