SAIT CORPORATE BENEFITS
Although SAIT is mainly dedicated to individual tax professionals, a number of non-advisory corporate entities have a strong interest in tax matters. Many of these entities are interested in the services and benefits that SAIT has to offer, especially the educational development of in-house tax professional employees.
SAIT has therefore extended its scope to include the SAIT offering to companies. Because these companies technically cannot be registered as tax practitioners and have no need of a professional designation, this form of membership comes without any requirements other than payment of an annual fee. This form of membership similarly contains no voting rights.
Note: This form of membership can be offered only to companies that do not engage in tax advisory work for a fee (e.g. these companies cannot be accounting or law firms). Individual members of these advisory companies must apply to SAIT individually.
Detailed Outline of Benefits
1. Service Support
At SAIT, we are here to assist your company with its daily tax needs. In particular,
- Continuing professional development: SAIT provides more options regarding your continuous professional development in the tax field than any other South African professional body. When your company joins SAIT, the company obtains (discounted) member access to our regular offering of seminars, webinars and large sale events (including the annual Tax Indaba), including discounted subscription offerings. Our programme additionally includes free offerings in terms of webinars and take home materials (e.g. technical articles).
Companies additionally receive the benefit of attendance at SAIT events, seminars and webinars at added discount depending on the employees in attendance.
- If 5 or more staff members attend a particular function, the company receives a 25 per discount from the standard member price for each employee in attendance.
- If 10 or more staff members attend a particular function, the company receives a 35 per discount from the standard member price for each employee in attendance.
- Tax Helpline: SAIT membership entitles you to a helpline for your technical queries. These queries are broken down into three categories: SARS operations, e-filing and a legal tax sounding board. We are committed to respond within 48 hours of your request and generally respond in shorter time periods.
- Newsletter and Tax Talk Magazine: SAIT keeps you regularly informed of the latest tax news from Treasury, SARS and other sources via the SAIT weekly newsletter, which offers a more comprehensive update in terms of South African tax than any other product. SAIT membership also includes the popular bi-monthly Tax Talk magazine, which gives you an array of technical articles and trending items in the tax field.
- Government stakeholder management: SAIT is heavily engaged in stakeholder management in furtherance of a sound tax system. SAIT regularly makes submissions to (and meets with) National Treasury, SARS and other government stakeholders in terms of tax legislation, interpretation and SARS operations. As a SAIT member, we encourage your employees to join our technical and operational work groups where the tax issues at stake are uniquely relevant to your company.
SAIT membership also comes with discounts in respect of certain tax books that your employees may need in their daily work.