Print Page
News & Press: International News

Andorra Launches July Tax Campaign

Monday, 24 June 2013   (0 Comments)
Posted by: Author: Ulrika Lomas
Share |

Author: Ulrika Lomas

The Andorran Tax Administration has announced details of its July 2013 tax campaign, highlighting the fact that resources will be doubled to effectively handle the volume of tax declarations and payments that are expected next month.

In July, settlement and payment of both corporation tax (IS) and the tax levied on economic activity (IAE) are due. Furthermore, second quarter payments of the non-resident income tax (IRNR) are due in July. Finally, payment of general indirect taxation (IGI) is due in July for all enterprises in Andorra.

The monthly payment of IGI is due for corporations in Andorra with turnover in excess of EUR3.6m (USD4.7m), the second quarterly payment of IGI is to be paid by businesses with a turnover of between EUR250,000 and EUR3.6m, and the first bi-annual IGI payment is due for companies with a turnover of less than EUR250,000.

Given the sheer volume of tax payments anticipated in July, the Tax Administration aims to facilitate procedures by doubling manpower to manage declarations and payments, to enable the country's Customs Administration to collect declarations submitted by taxpayers paying by direct debit, and to establish different reporting channels, depending on the number of declarations to be presented.

The Tax Administration has estimated that a total of 14,000 statements will be filed next month, compared to 7,000 in September, to just over 2,000 in April and October, and to below 1,000 for the remaining months of the year.

According to the Tax Administration, 87 percent of taxpayers are expected to file their returns in person, while the remaining 13 percent are predicted to submit their declarations via the "virtual office," requiring signature recognition.

The Tax Administration aims to launch its July 2013 advertising campaign on June 25. The tax requirements, filing period, new website, and July 31 deadline will be promoted via an extensive media advertising campaign, by issuing information to all taxpayers, and by conducting parochial visits.



Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

  • Tax Practitioner Registration Requirements & FAQ's
  • Rate Our Service

    Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal