Print Page
News & Press: SARS News & Tax Administration

Updating Your Details on e-Filing

Monday, 01 July 2013   (5 Comments)
Posted by: Author: SARS Legal and Policy
Share |

Author: SARS Legal and Policy

Tax Practitioners unable to register or update details on e-filing due to multiple profiles

Further to our communique advising tax practitioners to make use of eFiling when registering as a tax practitioner or when updating and verifying their details, it has emerged that some tax practitioners receive error messages due to having multiple profiles on eFiling.

If you have an inactive login profile or multiple login profiles on efiling you may not be able to complete the process. To update or verify your details successfully, you are advised to follow one of the following processes depending on your particular scenario:

Scenario 1:

You have two active practitioner profiles. Both profiles A and B are active, however you are registered to be a practitioner while logged in with profile A:

  • If you attempt to update your details while logged in using profile B, this will create an error
  • To resolve the problem you can choose one of the following options:

    • Option 1
      • Log out of profile B
      • Log in using profile A
      • Update your details
      • This option will pre-populate the TP-1 form ("Registration as a Tax Practitioner or changing of registered particulars”)
      • The tax practitioner number will display in the top right hand corner of the screen

    • Option 2
      • Log out of profile B
      • Deactivate the practitioner registration from profile A (Services  Additional Services  Tax Practitioner Registration  Continue). Confirmation screen will be displayed on eFiling thereafter verifying that Tax practitioner registration has been successfully deregistered.
      • Log in with profile B
      • Update the details accordingly
      • This will however be a new registration and a new practitioner number will be issued

 Scenario 2:

You have two registered practitioner profiles, but only profile A is active. You are however, registered to be a tax practitioner while logged in with profile B which is inactive:

  • eFiling will allow you to make updates but only if you log in using profile A. Please use the following steps:
    • If the practitioner attempts to update details while logged in using profile A, eFiling will allow for updates
    • Update the details (Services>Additional Services>Tax Practitioner Registration> Continue)
    • This option will not however, pre-pop the form, it will be as if they are registering for the first time, but you will retain your practitioner number.
 In both the above scenarios you are required to use the login name that you have originally registered with as a tax practitioner. If you do not know your original login name or need any assistance with verification or updating of your details call the SARS Practitioner Contact Centre on 0860 12 12 19 for further assistance.


Robin Coetzer says...
Posted Wednesday, 03 July 2013
Cindy did you experience problems previously? whatever you have done is what i have been doing the last three weeks and keeps getting the same message. Does your practice number appear on your screen? mine does not appear like they said it will.
Cindy L. Griffiths says...
Posted Wednesday, 03 July 2013
I just came right, you have to logon as usual. Go to services, additional services, tax practitioner register, complete online TP01 and submit. Tax practitioner number wont change, just you details will now included you registered controlling body
Robin Coetzer says...
Posted Tuesday, 02 July 2013
Philippe i am so happy that i am not the only one. I have tried everything. My concern is are we going to loose our practice numbers and if we have to register again we going to have to get new practice numbers? then we have to register all our clients again on the new profile? please assist us with this matter cause it is so frustrating. Is there no way that we can mail SAIT with our update details if they will be able to query this on behalf of us? So frustrating, so frustrating. All i want to know are we going to loose our practice numbers??????
Philippe Chapat says...
Posted Tuesday, 02 July 2013
I am having exactly the same problem as Robin explains below. I have been trying for 3 weeks to sort it out and lodged 3 separate escalation queries to no avail. What should we do now?????????
Robin Coetzer says...
Posted Tuesday, 02 July 2013
We have tried all these options and we have been in contact with SARS and they seem not to know what the problem is. We have only had one profile and we still experiencing problems. It is so frustrating and we actually dont know how to rectify this problem. Please advise us on We have updated our details and asked them to help us, but have had no reply from them.



Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

  • Tax Practitioner Registration Requirements & FAQ's
  • Rate Our Service

    Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal