Print Page
News & Press: SARS News & Tax Administration

Reporting unprofessional conduct of registered tax practitioners

Tuesday, 22 July 2014   (0 Comments)
Posted by: Author: SARS
Share |

Author: SARS

In terms of the Tax Administration Act, the South African Revenue Service (SARS) may lodge a complaint with a recognised controlling body (RCB) of a registered tax practitioner or a person who carries on a profession if such a person does or omits to do anything with respect to the affairs of the taxpayer or such a person.

A SARS official who during the course of carrying on their duties becomes aware of specific instances of misconduct by a registered tax practitioner or a person who carries on a profession is authorised to report such misconduct. A process to report misconduct has been designed to ensure alignment and consistency in dealing with such cases throughout the organisation. Reporting of misconduct to the controlling bodies will be facilitated through our National office:  Operations Service Escalations and Support (OSES) division.



Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

  • Tax Practitioner Registration Requirements & FAQ's
  • Rate Our Service

    Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal