Print Page
News & Press: Technical & tax law questions

Incorrect IRP5 from an employer

Thursday, 13 March 2014   (0 Comments)
Posted by: Author: SAIT Technical
Share |

Author: SAIT Technical

The answer to this query is based on legislation as at 2014/03/13.

Q: I have a client whose previous employer submitted incorrect IRP5 to SARS. SARS then claimed she owes a large amount of money to them. We have objected this and brought to SARS attention this incorrect IRP5 but they have done nothing about it. I cannot seem to find a way to assist my client. 

A: Has your client brought it to the attention of his/her employer that the IRP5 is incorrect? Your client should request that the original IRP5 be cancelled, and that a revised IRP5 be issued.



Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

  • Tax Practitioner Registration Requirements & FAQ's
  • Rate Our Service

    Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal