Print Page
News & Press: SARS operational & eFiling questions

Procedure to rectify an incorrect tax return submitted to SARS

Friday, 30 January 2015   (0 Comments)
Posted by: Author: SAIT Technical
Share |

Author: SAIT Technical

Q: My client completed his own ITR12 for 2014 and declared interest of R400 000, but the R400 000 is actually SA dividends that he received. He was assessed in November 2014. Please indicate the procedure that I need to follow to correct his return.

A: You can actually submit a corrected return where you’ll be able to fix this error. 

Please click here to see relevant details.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this query and answer should be construed as constituting tax advice or a tax opinion. An expert should be consulted for advice based on the facts and circumstances of each transaction/case. Even though great care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the answer, SAIT do not accept any responsibility for consequences of decisions taken based on this query and answer. It remains your own responsibility to consult the relevant primary resources when taking a decision.



Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

  • Tax Practitioner Registration Requirements & FAQ's
  • Rate Our Service

    Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal