Print Page
News & Press: SARS operational & eFiling questions

Where do I find everything I need to know regarding the submission of turnover tax returns?

Friday, 29 May 2015   (0 Comments)
Posted by: Author: SAIT Technical
Share |

Author: SAIT Technical

Q: I have been trying to speak to SARS (Call Centre, Pretoria, various people at SARS via telephone and email) regarding turnover tax submissions however no one can assist me.

Please can you provide me with information on how to go about submissions, contact persons/departments, when returns are due etc.

A: The following SARS page actually has everything you need to know:

This page specifically has the following important documents you may want to take note of:

  1. SARS guide on how to complete the turnover tax return:
  2. The turnover tax return itself can be found here:

Unfortunately the tax return cannot be submitted on efiling and you’d have to go to a SARS branch to submit it.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this query and answer should be construed as constituting tax advice or a tax opinion. An expert should be consulted for advice based on the facts and circumstances of each transaction/case. Even though great care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the answer, SAIT do not accept any responsibility for consequences of decisions taken based on this query and answer. It remains your own responsibility to consult the relevant primary resources when taking a decision. 



Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (as amended) requires that all tax practitioners register with a recognized controlling body before 1 July 2013. It is a criminal offense to not register with both a recognized controlling body and SARS.

  • Tax Practitioner Registration Requirements & FAQ's
  • Rate Our Service

    Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal